Friday, April 29, 2011

Confidence In Christ


Recently in my quiet time, I felt God speaking to me about my future.

Let me start off with this; I'm a dreamer--a huge dreamer. For those of you that know me, you can attest to that. I've always been one to have outrageous dreams for my life and future--be a fashion designer, travel Europe, get married, do music ministry, own a magazine, go to school in California, have my own studio, etc. I have even been laughed at followed with a "Oh, Morgan. You're such a dreamer. You need to set your feet on the ground more.", but I just can't help but have my head stuck in the clouds.

Within these dreams, aspirations, and goals for my life, I have labeled them just as that and allowed them to be nothing more. I've really learned lately about myself that I'm great at dreaming up the dreams, but I'm not so good at living them out and doing my part in making them happen.

Now the next question I had to ask myself is "Why?". Why was I not pushing for my dreams to become a reality?

The answer that I found to that question when I really searched my heart was that I haven't truly put my trust and found my confidence in Christ.

I have had multiple different adversities in my life that over the years I have allowed to become a crutch, I have allowed to become things to hold me down, and I have allowed them to hold me back from going for what God has divinely planned for me. I have become accustomed to this big fear that I'm not able to do big things. I have become accustomed to that mentality that in this society, who am I? I'm just some small town Minnesotan girl with not much to offer to the world. Sure, it's really easy for me to dream the dreams, but it sure hasn't been easy for me to take the steps towards making those dreams become a reality. As much as I am not a perfectionist, I think I have had a fear of failure.

So, it really hit me.

Would God create any one person for no purpose at all?
No.

Would God have equipped me all of these years through all of my adversities for nothing?
No!!

I have doubted His power with relationships in my family.
I have doubted His power with relationships with my friends.
I have doubted His power with my career.
I have doubted His power with my finances.
I have doubted His power with using my talents and gifts He, Himself has given me.
I have doubted His power with my health and medical issues.
I have doubted His power with brokenness in my life.
I have doubted His power with healing.
I have doubted His power with restoring.
I have doubted His power with unconditional love.
I have doubted His power with grace and mercy.
I have doubted His power to be faithful.
I have doubted His power in my safety, protection, and well-being.
I have doubted His power in divinely choosing me.
I have doubted His power in having a specific plan for me.
I have doubted His power in making my dreams, ambitions, and desires of my heart become a reality.


I think I had convinced myself that I had been living by faith, yet I hadn't. There have been multiple circumstances where I have said things like "That will never happen", as if I could even have the nerve to doubt Christ for a second. How wrong of me to even consider doing that after all He has done and continues to do--things that my eyes can see, and things they cannot.

"Take up shield & armor; arise and come to my aid." ~Psalm 35:2

"Such confidence we have through Christ before God." ~2 Corinthians 3:4



"I am glad I can have complete confidence in You." ~2 Corinthians 7:16

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for, and assurance about what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

"For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." ~Luke 11:10

May you walk in true faith and find divine confidence in him.

Dream big--maybe it's time to take the next step.


Here's to living the destined life..

No comments:

Post a Comment