Friday, February 3, 2012

T-Money's 17th Birthday




Tommers,

Seventeen years. Seventeen years of a bond that I don't know that I can explain fully.

We've been through a lot in just a mere 17 years together. We've dealt with a lot of hardship, pain, heartache, adversities, trials, as well as joyful memories, tons of laughter, and countless inside jokes. The past 17 years have brought us on a journey both together and apart that has had a lot of ups and downs--more than "the norm", I'd say.

I sit here thinking about growing up with you.
Nap times when we'd stay up playing games and talking.
Waking up, getting our "snacky cereal" and turning on Disney Channel until that dreaded day where mom canceled the cable service.
Playing restaurant and making "noodles cheese and butter".
Wearing our wicked awesome flip glasses/sunglasses.
Eating grapefruit on the porch in Florida.
Building forts.
Playing in the snow.
Comforting each other when one of us was in trouble.
Halftime shows.
Inside jokes & laughing hysterically.
And my God, still to this day no one has the ability to make me laugh like you do.

It's cliche but true to say that I'm proud of you.
I'm proud of how you've turned out.
I'm proud of how you've not allowed the adversities you've faced in life bring you down, but instead make you a stronger and better person.
I'm proud of how driven and accomplished you are.
I'm proud of the way you choose to live your life & the way you view things.

You've inspired me in ways I cannot even put into words. You've been my rock and someone to always count on at every point in my life. I honestly don't know what my life would have been like without you. Through everything we've been through, you've been the one to inspire me to keep pushing through. Through all the years of being best friends, brother & sister, "Frick & Frack"--our bond has not only never faded, but only grown stronger. That is something that I have always and will always cherish.

I love you so much, Tommy.
Thank you for everything in the past 17 years.
Being your sister has been one of the highest and utmost blessings in my life hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment